Are you new to Good Shepherd and not sure about what you’ll find? You’ve come to the right place!
Here are the five most important things to know about visiting Good Shepherd:
- The parking lot is behind the church, with the entrance on Carmalita St. You can follow the walkway that leads from the gate to the church door.
- At the first service, we use the Book of Common Prayer. At the second service, much of the liturgy is printed in the program, but we turn to the Book of Common Prayer for the Nicene Creed, the Prayers of the People, and the Confession. We use two hymn books: The Hymnal 1982 and Renew! for more contemporary hymns. If you’d rather just listen and take it all in, that’s OK too.
- We like to meet new people and assume there are things we could learn from you. All the same, we’ll try to catch your signal if you want to be left alone and just check things out.
- You can be sure you will fit in because we are a pretty varied bunch.
- There are refreshments after each service, and that’s a really good place to meet people and ask questions.